Tuesday 27 January 2009

Gaming Culture

When it comes to gaming, I’m more of a casual gamer. I’m not really part of any culture. I’ve never attended a launch party, a LAN party or a gaming conference. Neither have I ever played online. I have to be honest, I don’t play on games all that often but I do enjoy a quick round once in a while. Although there are some games that can keep me glued for hours.

How much of my life does it occupy? Recently with all the work and the projects we’ve been assigned, not a lot, but I try and find some time. Gaming definitely isn’t the biggest part of my life. I think it once was when I was in school. Now however, I’ve found interest in many different things and computer games are just a part of who I am.

Now I’ve been asked if I have friends who I only know through MSN. I’m not sure how this is relevant to game culture. Maybe I’m just being stupid but it wouldn’t be the first time. But the answer to the question is, yes I do. Some random people, from all over the world have friend requested me on Facebook purely because I have the same surname.

This has trailed off a little from game cultures but I have hardly any experience in this topic. I apologize for being a bit useless. Hopefully I’ll have a lot more to say in future posts.

No comments: