Friday 27 February 2009

My future...

What do I want from University?
Like pretty much all students, I want a career in the profession I’m studying. I guess to get a job in gaming would be a dream come true. I would love to be a concept artist. I don’t really mind yet what company I would do that job for but in the future I’ll have a better idea about what specifics I would search for in a career. The idea of me doing what I love to do for a living is so exciting but just because I love it, it doesn’t mean I’ll expect it to be easy. In fact, I hope it is sometimes quite challenging where I have to push myself to the limit to draw out the best of my abilities. I’ll do whatever it takes to become the artist I aim to become.

I, like all the first years so far, have a long way to go until we are ready to play a role in the industry. My skills are slowly improving and I’m beginning to discover and understand things I never thought I could. I’ve learnt to value art in all its forms and what qualities you observe in order to develop a mature and professional opinion. My drawing has vastly improved and I’ve learnt a wide variety of techniques that I employ to make my artwork more authentic. The 3D work has definitely been the most arduous, especially the computer work, but like I hoped the knowledge is starting to sink in.

These are just a few of the many things I have learnt and I state them because in order to pursue my dream career, I’ll need to hone all of my capabilities. This is what my future counts on.

No comments: